"Dear friends and colleagues,
I regret to inform you that our happening of the 25th and 26th of October, in Brussels, will not take place.
I want to thank you all for your enthusiasm and will to participate. I hope we will be able to organise it (for the 3th time!!) in 21-22."
Karel Schoofs, teacher Oboe at KCB and organiser of 'Maurice Bourgue in Brussels'
POSTPONED Double reed happening around the master oboist and inspirator
On Sunday 25 and Monday 26 October 2020, the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel organises a double reed happening around the master oboist and inspirator Maurice Bourgue, who turned 80 this year!
Scheduling for Sunday, October 25th:
- 10:00 - 13:00 => Maurice Bourgue gives an open Masterclass to students of the oboe class of the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel, Concert Hall Regentschapsstraat 30 in Brussels.
- 11:00 - 16:00 => workshops & initiation classes that you can register for:
- 11:00 - 13:00 => Bassoon with Alain Cremers (soloist de Munt and teacher KCB)
- 12:00 - 14:00 => Workshop instrument adjustment and maintenance by Steven Sneyers of atelier Albo
- 14:00 - 16:00 => Baroque oboe and instrument presentation/lecture on the oboe through the centuries with Marcel Ponseele (soloist and artistic director Il Gardellino and teacher KCB), Paul Dombrecht (soloist, conductor il Fondamento, former teacher KCB) and Stefaan Verdegem (oboe and cor anglais player, teacher and researcher KCB)
- 14:00 - 16:00 => Cor anglais with Dimitri Mestdag (solo cor anglais ASO and teacher KCB)
- 14:00 - 16:00 => Oboe with Karel Schoofs (soloist Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra and teacher KCB)
- 16:30 - 18:30 => play-in with all participants: DKO & KCB students: 'The Royal Fireworks' by G.F.Haendel conducted by Paul Dombrecht, Concert Hall Regentschapsstraat 30 in Brussels.
- 19:30 => prelude concert with all participants of 'The Royal Fireworks' G.F. Haendel conducted by Paul Dombrecht, Concertzaal Regentschapsstraat 30 in Brussels.
- 20:00 => Recital by Maurice Bourgue and pianist Kimiko Imani, Concert Hall Regentschapsstraat 30 in Brussels. Followed by a reception with something to eat and drink.
You can continuously try out the instruments of atelier Rigoutat as well as pick out reed material and accessories of atelier Glotin/Neuranter in the exhibition hall and entrance hall of the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel.
Planning for Monday, October 26th:
- 11:00 - 17:00 => Maurice Bourgue gives an open Masterclass to students of the oboe class of the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel, Small Concert Hall Kleine Zavel 5 in Brussels.
Charges and Reservations
In order to organise and make this event possible and to give you an active and unforgettable day, we ask you for a contribution of 20€ per person. -16-year-olds get a reduction of 50%, so 10€ for them.
This price includes two Masterclasses and two concerts, one of which is the exceptional recital by Maurice Bourgue.
You can register for this Maurice Bourgue day until the 1st of October 2020.
Please mention how many of you are coming and to which workshop or initiation class you will participate. There are limited places available for the instrument adjustment workshop.
Please transfer the amount per group (...x20€ or x10€ = ) before the 1st of October 2020 to the following account: BE83 7370 3497 5415.
May we meet on 25 October 2020 in Brussels for an unforgettable day!
This two-day event is only free for students and staff of the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel.